April 12, 2022
Event Administrator Position
The Event Administrator is an integral member of the ABF team and is responsible for coordinating logistics for year round fundraising, camps, retreats, social gatherings, and prevention and education programs. These programs and services are designed to raise funds as well as help burn survivors increase their social and emotional growth, while reducing the risk of burn injuries in our community. In addition, the Event Administrator works collaboratively with the Development team and supports the Client Care Services team to prepare internal and external communications related to events, programs, and mission stories.
- Support Programs Director with planning, coordinating, and managing logistics for year round burn survivor social gatherings across the state.
- Support Programs Director with planning, coordinating, and managing logistics for year round burn survivor camps and retreats. These camps and retreats include, but are not limited to: Family Camp, Young Adult Retreat, Camp Courage, and Adult Retreat.
- Logistically coordinate and manage ABF fundraising events such as Festival of Trees as well as plan and execute a future Tucson event.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for all ABF events and needs, including Milo & Moxie presentations, senior presentations, camps and retreats and fundraising events
- Coordinate the logistics for bi-annual smoke alarm walks across the state.
- Manage the CiviCore database, including data entry and running reports to prepare for events.
- Assist with strengthening volunteer initiatives; responsibilities include coordinating volunteer requests, preparing volunteer materials, monitoring volunteer requirements, and consistent volunteer communication.
- Occasionally give educational presentations to groups of all ages.
- Assist with creating and distributing outreach mailers to burn survivors, schools, and fire departments.
Qualifications and Experience
The Event Administrator should have the following experience and qualifications, or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education:
- A minimum of three years working in a professional setting. Knowledge of the nonprofit sector is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit administration, the social sciences, public administration, communications, or other job-related discipline.
- Experience in event planning
- Experience in volunteer management and recruitment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office with an ability to quickly learn new software
- Must have excellent written communication skills
- Must have a positive attitude, patience, and flexibility
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Commitment to the mission of the Arizona Burn Foundation and passionate about its potential to benefit Arizona.
- Desire to work collaboratively with staff, consultants, external partners, and grantees.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate respectfully and compassionately, especially with burn survivors and members in the burn community.
- Strong organization skills; ability to multi-task, stay on top of details, manage simultaneous projects, and independently and collaboratively plan/execute events.
- Ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines.
- Flexibility, maturity, and self-motivation to take initiative in all areas of responsibility.
Availability: Must be willing and able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed
Travel: Travel required to attend events and meet and train volunteers. Travel for national conferences and local trainings. Must have reliable transportation.
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift 40 pounds and stand for long periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
The Event Administrator is a professional, full-time, exempt position. This position is offering a range of $52,000- $57,000 annually. ABF also provides a comprehensive health benefits and retirement package. A pre-employment background check is conducted by ABF and a 90-day introductory period is observed for all positions.
How to Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references as a single Word or PDF document to: [email protected]. Application deadline is: Friday, April 18, 2022.